National Instruments

www.ni.com
  www.ni.com
There are newer employer reviews for National Instruments

Great Place for Recent Graduates and Senior Professionals Looking for Work-Life Balance

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at National Instruments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strong culture focused on teamwork. Community-oriented business that dedicates employee time and money to education initiatives. Great program for building recent college grads into engineering leaders. Core focus on customer success and satisfaction. Fantastic CEO!

Cons

Must be an engineer to advance, even in marketing-focused roles. Too internally focused on building consensus and having the "perfect plan." Slow-paced, meeting-obsessed culture.

Empower employees to make decisions. For example, often times, I had to present information to every individual on the working team and then present the same information to the group as a whole. It would have been more efficient to get buy-in virtually first or present the information to the group as a whole first. Then, schedule a follow-up meeting if things need to get hashed out.

657 Other Employee Reviews for National Instruments (View Most Recent)

Fun and exciting place to work!

Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern I in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern I in Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Casual dress code with food and events going on all the time. Large opportunity to grow in rank quickly. Management is easy to communicate with.

Cons

Austin is hot and the roads around town and weather are not an ideal environment. Housing prices are increasing rapidly as well. The company's great, but the area's not the best.

Great place to start at

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The projects are very interesting and enjoyable to work on. The benefits are good, and the opportunities to learn new things when you start are many. I get to wear shorts everyday and occasionally drink beer at work functions. Talk about nice culture. There are decent opportunities for career growth. The CEO, CFO, and other executives are pretty great. They've been able to weather two recessions now without any layoffs.

Cons

It seems like the company is currently going through some growing pains. I'm sure they will eventually work through it, but the company isn't really growing. Salary quickly falls behind the industry average after a few years of employment.

Might need to try new strategies if the company hasn't been growing, rather than waiting to weather the storm or trying to squeeze every little thing for more profit.

There are newer employer reviews for National Instruments