National Insurance Inspections Services

www.nationalis.com
Unclaimed Profile

Harassment for Production, Harassment for Mistakes, Low Pay, Mandatory overtime

I worked at National Insurance Inspections Services full-time

Pros

You get to work inside out of the summer heat and the winter cold.

Cons

There is an incredible bureaucracy, constant harassment for more production, harassment over errors, a difficult job with low pay, very little chance for advancement unless you are part of the inner circle.

Advice to Management

The management doesn't take advice. They are very self-assured.

Other Employee Reviews for National Insurance Inspections Services

1. its ok

I have been working at National Insurance Inspections Services full-time

Pros

decent pay but i guess when you think about it, we probably deserve to be making much more

Cons

long days but i guess if you really truly look deeply at it, its really the only possible way to get things done.

Advice to Management

maybe just do things a little bit slower and the workers actually eat during the day i think that would be much better

2. Not worth the pay

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Fresno, CA

I have been working at National Insurance Inspections Services full-time

Pros

The job pays slightly higher than minimum wage, and you get to work inside at a desk. This isn't a customer service position, so you never have to deal with angry customers. Lunch is occasionally catered, and monthly treats are brought it for birthday celebrations. Supervisors and unit managers are very friendly. Work can be completed from home, if the employee is in good standing with management. Schedules can be flexible, although any time lost is always asked to be made up by doing more hours another day, or later on, on the same day.

Cons

Long hours. The overtime seems nice at first, but it is mandatory and almost perpetual. Considering how highly taxed the overtime pay is, it hardly seems worth it. I've never worked anywhere else where everyone was constantly on edge about their job security. The rate of completed reports is the main focus, and while more details are being required for the reports, the same rate is demanded. Employees are scared to be heard questioning or complaining about the work conditions. I have never worked anywhere else where everyone was so on edge about the security of their job. Supervisors are friendly, but have been accused of being "two-faced" by multiple employees. There is a lot of pressure to perform well. Mistakes are pointed out, sometimes with written warnings, and the employees who are doing well might receive a gift card that month. Raises are rarely given out. I have heard other employees suffering physical problems from the long hours and stress (back, neck, and shoulder pain, weight gain, etc.) but there is no company doctor - meaning the employee would have to take their own time, and pay to see their doctor, without being compensated.

Advice to Management

I have worked at this company for two years, and the mandatory overtime has been on-going, even before I started, according to employees with more time than myself. The company either drastically miscalculates the labor needed for the amount of reports requested, or they are purposefully making their employees work the extra hours constantly so they are too exhausted to find better jobs. If there is enough money to always be paying out overtime rates, I would think they could pay current employees more, and hire enough workers so that the on-going overtime would not be necessary.