National Multiple Sclerosis Society

www.nationalmssociety.org
  www.nationalmssociety.org
There are newer employer reviews for National Multiple Sclerosis Society

Beware: National MS Society's Gateway Area Chapter is a VERY BAD place to work.

Former Employee - Sorry--Afraid of Reprisal in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Sorry--Afraid of Reprisal in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at National Multiple Sclerosis Society

Pros

Your work is for a good cause; promoting education and research on MS.

Cons

As a nonprofit, salaries are terribly low. Chapters operate independendently, and there is nothing to stop a bad chapter boss. I worked at the Gateway Area Chapter, where the turnover was somewhere around 80 percent per year. We all had to work at events, and were treated like slaves, working from 3am until midnight and allowed to sleep for only 3-4 hours before getting up to to it all again. Wjhen I asked for learning opportunities I was told flat out that it wasn't about me, and was then given an impossible assignment as punishment.

Senior management needs to monitor the chapters and offer employees the opportunity to provide anonymous feedback. Once they get the feedback, they need to act on it.

31 Other Employee Reviews for National Multiple Sclerosis Society (View Most Recent)

Management of an entire region of a state is similar to a VP position, but Mgr is our title and compensated accordingly.

I have been working at National Multiple Sclerosis Society

Pros

client with Multiple Sclerosis receive up-to-date information about the disease, we provide educational programs, wellness and exercise programs, and one-to-one counseling for clients and families.

Cons

Lack of good management, lack of interest in what PROGRAMS are being designed for MS clients. Main office focus seems mainly on FUND DEVELOPMENT. Those employees involved in fund development are given lots of "kudos" because of monetary success - program attendees don't seem to count much...

Open your eyes to what the people in the TRENCHES are doing and compensate accordingly.

Event Manager

I worked at National Multiple Sclerosis Society full-time

Pros

Great team of people to work with

Cons

Low budgets to work with - hence non-profit

There are newer employer reviews for National Multiple Sclerosis Society