National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration

www.noaa.gov
  www.noaa.gov
There are newer employer reviews for National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration

NDBC has good people. Tough times though.

I worked at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration

Pros

People at the National Data Buoy Center friendly and most are willing to help you out.

Cons

NDBC has had to let lots of contracting engineers go because of Government setbacks.

Be patient..

47 Other Employee Reviews for National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (View Most Recent)

Student Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Intern in Boulder, CO

I worked at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The internship was very flexible. Management was friendly and helpful. There were many resources that I could get help from.

Cons

Some of the tasks were repetitive and a little too easy. However this could be because I was still a high school student.

Summer Intern

Former Employee - Fisheries Intern In Woods Hole in Woods Hole, MA
    Former Employee - Fisheries Intern In Woods Hole in Woods Hole, MA

Pros

The people there are really great. Dr. Ambrose Jearld is an absolute pleasure and as supportive a mentor for future scientists as you will ever find. I would recommend this to anyone who has not yet had an intensive research experience who wants to determine their attitude about marine-related research.

Cons

No real negatives. If you're looking for research experience in marine related fields, look no other place than NOAA. The housing wasn't great but the experience was authentic and Woods Hole more than compensates for the humidity. Watch out for the ticks.

support summer research initiatives more to build future scientist reserves.