National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration

www.noaa.gov
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration

NDBC has good people. Tough times though.

I worked at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration

Pros

People at the National Data Buoy Center friendly and most are willing to help you out.

Cons

NDBC has had to let lots of contracting engineers go because of Government setbacks.

Advice to Management

Be patient..

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Student Intern

Former Intern - Intern in Boulder, CO
    Former Intern - Intern in Boulder, CO

I worked at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The internship was very flexible. Management was friendly and helpful. There were many resources that I could get help from.

Cons

Some of the tasks were repetitive and a little too easy. However this could be because I was still a high school student.

2. Summer Intern

Former Intern - Fisheries Intern In Woods Hole in Woods Hole, MA
    Former Intern - Fisheries Intern In Woods Hole in Woods Hole, MA

Pros

The people there are really great. Dr. Ambrose Jearld is an absolute pleasure and as supportive a mentor for future scientists as you will ever find. I would recommend this to anyone who has not yet had an intensive research experience who wants to determine their attitude about marine-related research.

Cons

No real negatives. If you're looking for research experience in marine related fields, look no other place than NOAA. The housing wasn't great but the experience was authentic and Woods Hole more than compensates for the humidity. Watch out for the ticks.

Advice to Management

support summer research initiatives more to build future scientist reserves.