National Oilwell Varco

www.nov.com

NOV is a company with low barriers to entry for career fields in any area, not just your intial job role.

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsVaried work and great opportunities available, travel, dynamic company, and good benefits. On the whole, there are many career options at NOV if you take advantage of them.

ConsInconsistent corporate culture, lacking standard practices or policies in many areas, formal career advancement and direction often lacking. In contrast to the ability to move and work in different areas there may be few formal paths to advancement and frequent shuffling of people and organizations may sometimes change opportunities in an undesirable direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom one manager to another there is much inconsistency in approach to career development and even interpretation of basic company policy.

plant manager

Plant Manager (Current Employee) Elk City, OK

I have been working at National Oilwell Varco full-time for less than a year

Pros: there is real good people i work with.. Cons: i am a engineer every day is a new day.all… Advice to Senior Management: management is fun. and in,lighting to me. to work and help others with more then just work question… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Short but rewarding.

CNC Machinist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at National Oilwell Varco full-time for more than a year

Pros: Large company with good benefits. Cons: Too many procedures kill productivity. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on National Oilwell Varco.

Worked for National Oilwell Varco? Contribute to the Community!