National Park Service
www.nps.gov Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Comfortable, productive atmosphere that lacked the spark of liveliness, which I love, found in the private sector.

Intern (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsFriendly, supportive, and productive team and managers.

Rewarding job satisfaction that comes with working for an agency with which you wholeheartedly agree with.

ConsFairly dull, boring atmosphere. I believe this is the case with many public sector positions and this might be the last taste I will give myself. Perfect for some, too dry for others.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemind employees of their accomplishments and worthiness to the agency. Give them feedback as much as possible on where to improve at times and especially what they're doing great already. Try to create an environment where their voice is heard and they are constantly learning. This may produce a happier and livelier labor base that wants to respond, grow, and succeed.

National Park Service- Beautiful Places to work

Park Ranger (Former Employee)
    Crescent City, CA

I worked at National Park Service full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: excellent places, committed people, helping people to enjoy the times… Cons: Seasonal work only: no benefits, no money, no retirement Advice to Senior Management: Hire your good people on a full time basis rather… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

exciting and a learning experience

MVO/Heavy Equioment Tech (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at National Park Service for more than 3 years

Pros: wide rang of skills and eperience to gian. Adventure. Hands on. Cons: High stress. very professional politics very little chance for advancement Advice to Senior Management: To much miro management. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on National Park Service.

Worked for National Park Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Park Service reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for National Park Service CEO Jonathan B. Jarvis. All reviews posted anonymously by National Park Service employees.