National Park Service
www.nps.gov Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

The glamour fades after a while ...

ProsIf you like the outdoors and history this may be the job for you. If you *really* like working with the public and are comfortable talking in front of groups, the NPS offers relatively well-paid positions during the summer season.

ConsIt's is very difficult to move up to Permanent/Term employment as there are too many highly qualified people seeking too few openings. Many seem unmotivated and senior management is more politically driven and isolated from the rank and file. Truly condescending.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm very glad we have elections every four years in this country.

Awesome place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at National Park Service full-time

Pros: Get great experience. Awesome people to work for and work… Cons: Only thing is most of these type of jobs are temporary. Its hard to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good learning experience.

I have been working at National Park Service as an intern for less than a year

Pros: It is a relatively laid back work environment. I worked in a small office at a relatively small park. For the most part everyone seemed… Cons: It is very difficult to get a government job and the Park Service is no different. Pay is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on National Park Service.

Worked for National Park Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Park Service reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for National Park Service CEO Jonathan B. Jarvis. All reviews posted anonymously by National Park Service employees.