National Technical Systems

www.ntscorp.com

Average Place to work

Pros

Good people, some extremely talented, you get 'pulled' into trying various types of work which might help in the future

Cons

Salary low compared to the others in the industry; over worked and very top and upper management heavy. No salary increases on a regular basis, even for engineers and 'quiet' layoffs to increase profitability. Not a good place to move up and invest in your career. Recently completed a reorganization in sales that's a mess.

Invest in your employees who are the front lines rather than inventing new titles to call the same people.

Other reviews for National Technical Systems

It was a great 4.5 years of experiences in exploring/discovering beta technologies before it reaches consumers market.

Former Employee - Software/Hardware QA Manager
    Former Employee - Software/Hardware QA Manager

Pros

During my employment before year 2000 at NTS, when tech was booming, it was a great place to learn technologies. I started at NTS as software/hardware quality assurance test engineer and got promoted to test labs manager. I had the greatest opportunities in playing around and discovering new technologies from countless tech companies. It was this great experiences that elevate me to be the person that I am performing my job now at another company.

Cons

Not sure it's a con but when I was there it was alot of works and sometime I felt like we were under staff. It was a fast pace dynamic environment and piece meals kind of work where you charges your hours to multitude of projects. You have to be very details oriented and have the ability to work on unknown subject that is assigned daily/weekly.

Just do what you can to get by everyday...

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

Pros

Great place to learn new things while working on different projects.

Cons

Poor communication between management and engineers/technicians. There is also too much workplace politics that goes on. On top of that, more restrictions are enforced on taking time off.

Please work on improving communication with the engineers and technicians. Also, if someone reminds you of something that needs urgent attention, please follow through on it and see that it gets done.

There are newer employer reviews for National Technical Systems.

Worked for National Technical Systems? Contribute to the Community!