National Trust for Historic Preservation

www.preservationnation.org
There are newer employer reviews for National Trust for Historic Preservation

A Great Place to Make an Impact

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at National Trust for Historic Preservation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The mission of the National Trust--saving places that matter to the American people--and the good work that it does across the country is in line with my values.

Cons

This is a challenging time financially for all non-profits right now, but it's not a "con" in regards to the National Trust.

Stay on course with strategy and plans. The National Trust has an exciting future.

20 Other Employee Reviews for National Trust for Historic Preservation (View Most Recent)

Quality Non-profit to work for

I have been working at National Trust for Historic Preservation

Pros

Friendly work environment where they generally appreciate hard work.

Cons

Not much room for advancement due to the small size of the organization. Departments are fairly compartmentalized.

Great Mission, Great People, Not a Great Employer - right now...

I have been working at National Trust for Historic Preservation

Pros

People are extremely dedicated to the cause and love their work. The mission is valuable and valuable changes are underway to make the organization more profitable and more effective in their mission. I have high hopes for the future.

Cons

While the changes being made are for the better and will ultimately, I believe, be good for the organization. Not enough emphasis is being put on how to work more efficiently. Staff would and could work so much smarter with a fully staffed and skilled IT department. The recent survey done that showed strong dissatisfaction was interpreted incorrectly. The problem is not with the staff. It's that there is not sufficient infrastructure, capacity, or budget to be able to serve the needs of the organization.

Work life balance is talked about, but with departing staff's positions not being replaced and the work not being discontinued, dedicated staff are taking on more and more work and senior management seems unaware of how this dedication is the ONLY reason the great work is being accomplished.

Stop getting toys - I-phones are for play, not work. Also, please start taking a real look at the workload people are taking on in order to continue projects after staff has left. Please revisit the stop doing list.

non-management staff work extremely well together. We communicate well and support each other in our work. I'd suggest taking a harder look at how senior and mid-level management communicates and works with each other and take some lessons from your staff.

There are newer employer reviews for National Trust for Historic Preservation

Worked for National Trust for Historic Preservation? Contribute to the Community!