There are newer employer reviews for National University

Driven! Passionate People! Room for opportunities!

I worked at National University part-time (less than a year)

Pros

There's definitely room to move up! You just have to work hard.. Loved the location..

Cons

I didn't have much... Just apply yourself and you'll get noticed.

reviews filtered by
  1. Thought I was starting a career...working three jobs just to survive

I have been working at National University

Pros

Good location
    Nice, clean environment
    Making a difference

Cons

Insulting pay
    No raise after more than a year of service
    Lack of opportunities (most positions pay even lower than what I make, which is pennies)
    Too much emphasis on enrollments rather than retention (I thought I was working for a non-profit?)
    Generic and bland (you try to be creative and can't because of the University's "brand" voice, which is ancient and boring)
    No communication between employees (students get different information from different people in different departments)
    Cheap, cheap, cheap

Please respect your employees. There is absolutely no reason I have to work two other jobs just to survive. I've gotten praise for my work, won a couple of employee awards and work my butt off to cater to my students, yet no raise in the year and few months I've been here? And from what I've heard, when it does happen, all I can expect is a 1% raise? Isn't this illegal? So many of us work hard yet complain about the pay. Why hasn't anyone started a strike? Reported to the BBB? This is not right and employees are being taken advantage of. Most employees last only a few months. There are some who have been here for 7 years and are still in the same position. That's just lazy. Who would want that? I have a Master's and don't need the 'free' degree (I use free loosely since they pay for three classes a year and it has to be at NU). For people like me, there's really no reason to be here. I expected more when I started at NU and was promised more. So far, they're just words and I am done. This is not worth it. NU is not what it pretends to be and this employee is moving on.

2. Take advantage of the free schooling; move on to bigger and better opportunities.

I have been working at National University

Pros

Great coworkers, great management (at the campus I am at). Very flexible when it comes to dealing with work/life. Decent benefits. If you have found your niche and want to stick around, there are many opportunites for promotion and career growth. Becomes a "family" environment.

Cons

Pay was pathetic; the majority of people work there for the free education and leave eventually. I probably found more change on the floor of the student lounge, compared to the "merit raises" I received.

My direct supervisors were amazing people. My advice to the board of directors: PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES A FAIR (OR AT LEAST MARKET) WAGE.

There are newer employer reviews for National University