National Vision

There are newer employer reviews for National Vision

All about customer service

Former Employee - Associate, Optician, Not Licensed in Warner Robins, GA
Former Employee - Associate, Optician, Not Licensed in Warner Robins, GA

I worked at National Vision full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company empowers us as employees to truly take care of our customers needs. Their are fun incentives, prizes to be won, a fair salary, chances to move up, and they will reimburse you for a passed ABO & NCLE certification test.

Cons

The cons were I was never heard when dealing with in house bullying and harassment, the raises were minimal, and of course we were always understaffed and payroll was insanely tight.

Next time you do an investigation, question those involved and those around the situation. Realize that it takes courage to even report such an instance, and dare to err in the side if the employee that had proven themselves as hard working, loyal, and having integrity.

61 Other Employee Reviews for National Vision (View Most Recent)

10 years and counting

Current Employee - Optician/Assistant Manager in Wallingford, CT
    Current Employee - Optician/Assistant Manager in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at National Vision full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Hours, Vacation time, Job security, Benefits

Cons

I just wish we had an edger still. I feel it would increase sales for one hour glasses and we could charge a fee for that. Otherwise...nothing

10 years and counting. Walked into a Vision Center hoping to get out of job I had and thought to myself that I would only work there for a few months until I found something else. Had no optical experience. Found I loved the field and loved the benefits. Also, no other employeer will give the vacation time National Vision, Inc. gives. I love the place I work for. I love helping people and if you follow policy, you will have a long, successful carrer here. I don't know of any other place that the CEO leaves a weekly message to all the stores and will listen to any comments that employees leave, but this happens here. My store is always looking for ways to grow and help to encourage growth in other stores. I feel it to be a family environment. You can get an answer from someone at home office all the time. I have had a VP come into my store and treat me as an equal and they were very kind and helpful. Great company!

Overall decent place to work.

Current Employee - Licensed Optician in Boynton Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Optician in Boynton Beach, FL

I have been working at National Vision full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible and as accommodating as business allowed.

Cons

Will not rehire someone who quit.

Rehire is a positive. You get an employee who has experienced others and decided you are the better game. You also get a more loyal employee because of their experience.

There are newer employer reviews for National Vision