Nationwide
www.nationwide.com Columbus, OH 5000+ Employees

A family oriented customer first company who cares

Manager (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH

ProsNationwide is a pillar of the community. We are involved with many local and nationwide charities. We support people volunteering in the communities and we compensate fairly.

ConsThere is not a lot of room to grow from a manager's perspective. You need to be attached to some higher up who will go to bat for you. Promotions are often based on who you know, not performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the internal inequities that make it difficult if not impossible to pay for performance.

Nationwide Sales Solutions- sales department in Des Moines is falling apart

Multi-Line Sales Agent (Current Employee)
    Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Nationwide full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: -Decent pay - they hire anyone that applies and can talk and type at same time (because of large turnover) - most… Cons: - No raises - It is not sales it is a call center - they do not leave you alone and expect you to be taking call… Advice to Senior Management: - Quit hireing everyone off the street to fill seats. Agents that you hire are getting less and less sales oriented. If you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Columbus, OH

I worked at Nationwide full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great Benefits, haven't heard of anyone coming straight out of college and… Cons: Terrible pay, also if you are put into a low level role, you have slim to no chance… Advice to Senior Management: Look internally, you have a brain drain going on because you label employees with their position title and are unwilling to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Nationwide.

Worked for Nationwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nationwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nationwide CEO Steve Rasmussen. All reviews posted anonymously by Nationwide employees.