Nationwide

There are newer employer reviews for Nationwide

Good Place To Work

Former Employee - Senior Casualty Claims Adjuster in Greensboro, NC
Former Employee - Senior Casualty Claims Adjuster in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Nationwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had an amazing boss. Time off. Work Life Balance was good. Benefits were awesome except for the cost of health insurance. If you give blood you get a half day off to use how you want with a maximum of 2 days a year. Tuition reimbursment was great. I completed my AIC, AIS, and ANIS all with company money. Claims volume was reasonable. I worked with a great group of people. My manager empowered me to make decisions and stood behind my decisions.

Cons

They re-organized the North Claims claim offices and closed them all and has just one claim office in Raleigh, NC. I was given the chance to move to Raleigh but I could not make that move due to personal and family obligations. We all had lap tops and could work from home when it was good for the company.(i.e. due to bad weather and the claim reps couldn't not make it to work due to snow or ice on the roads). However, when we needed to work from home when it was good for us they said no. I could have kept my job if they would allow for telecommuting. Which our job was entirely on the phone so it was possible. However, they didn't want to allow that.

Keep talented employess by allowing telecommuting for all claim reps.

751 Other Employee Reviews for Nationwide (View Most Recent)

Very good company to work for.

Current Employee - IT Related in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - IT Related in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Nationwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good opportunities. WLB is good.

Cons

Pay is not so good when compared to other companies.

Reward more to retain the right talent.

A family oriented customer first company who cares

Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Nationwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Nationwide is a pillar of the community. We are involved with many local and nationwide charities. We support people volunteering in the communities and we compensate fairly.

Cons

There is not a lot of room to grow from a manager's perspective. You need to be attached to some higher up who will go to bat for you. Promotions are often based on who you know, not performance.

Fix the internal inequities that make it difficult if not impossible to pay for performance.

There are newer employer reviews for Nationwide