Nationwide

There are newer employer reviews for Nationwide

Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Nationwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Benefits, haven't heard of anyone coming straight out of college and getting 15 days off a year. Also, great work/life balance, 401k and benefits.

Cons

Terrible pay, also if you are put into a low level role, you have slim to no chance of moving to a position outside of that department, even if you are very qualified to do so.

Look internally, you have a brain drain going on because you label employees with their position title and are unwilling to look at their credentials. Also, consider that they took a low level role due to the bad state of the economy.

739 Other Employee Reviews for Nationwide (View Most Recent)

Good Place To Work

Former Employee - Senior Casualty Claims Adjuster in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Casualty Claims Adjuster in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Nationwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had an amazing boss. Time off. Work Life Balance was good. Benefits were awesome except for the cost of health insurance. If you give blood you get a half day off to use how you want with a maximum of 2 days a year. Tuition reimbursment was great. I completed my AIC, AIS, and ANIS all with company money. Claims volume was reasonable. I worked with a great group of people. My manager empowered me to make decisions and stood behind my decisions.

Cons

They re-organized the North Claims claim offices and closed them all and has just one claim office in Raleigh, NC. I was given the chance to move to Raleigh but I could not make that move due to personal and family obligations. We all had lap tops and could work from home when it was good for the company.(i.e. due to bad weather and the claim reps couldn't not make it to work due to snow or ice on the roads). However, when we needed to work from home when it was good for us they said no. I could have kept my job if they would allow for telecommuting. Which our job was entirely on the phone so it was possible. However, they didn't want to allow that.

Keep talented employess by allowing telecommuting for all claim reps.

Very good company to work for.

Current Employee - IT Related in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - IT Related in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Nationwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good opportunities. WLB is good.

Cons

Pay is not so good when compared to other companies.

Reward more to retain the right talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Nationwide