Nationwide

www.nationwide.com
  www.nationwide.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nationwide

It is a good company like so many others in this climate.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Nationwide full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

People are great overall. trying to do a good job.

Cons

outsourcing the IT department has not worked out at all.

751 Other Employee Reviews for Nationwide (View Most Recent)

They do not value thier human resources

Former Employee - Senior Business Information Analyst in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Information Analyst in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Nationwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are very flexible in schedules. As long as you work your 38.75 hours per week you can come and go as you please. They will allow you to work from home if needed, and they provided decent benefits.

Cons

I wanted to get into another department and change my career path. I was advised by managers in that area that they would consider an MBA in lieu of experience. I went back to school and earned an MBA and was then advised by the management of this department that they would not consider me for a position because I didn't have the relevant experience. I was told to leave the company in order to gain the experience.

More and More responsibility. Less and Less Pay

Current Employee - Direct Sales Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Nationwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

comfy office, some nice people

Cons

They constantly find ways for you to make it harder to write policies. Paychecks for commission are seriously shorted each month even after the company cut our commission structure in half. you can do really awesome at your job, then they'll find some other way to make you feel bad. I have to tell people they're not good enough for nationwide all day instead of quoting each customer - which is what i signed up to do. I am great with people and i can sell a lot even with the type of calls i take.... Which is about 10% sales calls and the rest wrong numbers and unqualified people. They make you do unprofessional tactics when our core job should be SELLING they have us do many other tedious things that customers do not like, like hawk credit cards. They tell you no script is required, then you get in trouble when you don't say specific scripted questions. I could go on and on and on. It seems like no matter how good you are doing, the stress level is always extremely high and i find I can't even sit for my whole shift cause i have to take a walk. And finally, there is this thing called segmentation, where they divided up all the territories- the same time they made the massive paycuts. So now over 50% of the calls are misdirected and you get in trouble if you try and write insurance in states your not assigned to. I understand that last year was a hard year in insurance, but maybe they shouldn't have built a fancy dancy new building with intricate landscaping that will all die in the summers here in san antonio. I feel like the employees are paying for that new building with our paycut (half of previous overall salary) and the job just got way more complicated, with WAY more work. Unless you like doing other peoples jobs (high paid underwriters, customer service, etc.) and get paid the lowest salary 28,500 and a bonus here and there if you are lucky. Most people DO NOT bonus. and there are a few cool people in there, but most of them are as cheesy as used car salesmen and will stab your back the SECOND you turn around. Also, the worst part of all is trying to work there is if you have children. They don't care at all about helping with your schedule, even if you are paying extra for after hour child care. You have to fight for your schedule and will most likely miss A LOT of time with your little ones, and pay daycare and a babysitter daily because it's like talking to a brick wall when you ask to change schedules. Most of the time people LIE CHEAT and STEAL to make their stats look good so they can get better schedule pics. Those people usually get caught but nothing is ever done about it. I am currently looking for a place where HONESTY and INTEGRITY are rewarded. They advertise flexible schedules but that is Total BS. what you get is what your stuck with and they wont tell you until after you are hired and go to training for two weeks +.

fire all the Employees that dont care about anything but money, fire all the liars, give pay and job advancement to those with college degrees, not to people straight out of High School

There are newer employer reviews for Nationwide