Nationwide
www.nationwide.com Columbus, OH 5000+ Employees

They do not value thier human resources

Senior Business Information Analyst (Former Employee)
Des Moines, IA

I worked at Nationwide full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey are very flexible in schedules. As long as you work your 38.75 hours per week you can come and go as you please. They will allow you to work from home if needed, and they provided decent benefits.

ConsI wanted to get into another department and change my career path. I was advised by managers in that area that they would consider an MBA in lieu of experience. I went back to school and earned an MBA and was then advised by the management of this department that they would not consider me for a position because I didn't have the relevant experience. I was told to leave the company in order to gain the experience.

More and More responsibility. Less and Less Pay

Direct Sales Agent (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Nationwide full-time for more than a year

Pros: comfy office, some nice people Cons: They constantly find ways for you to make it harder to write policies. Paychecks for commission are seriously shorted each month even after… Advice to Senior Management: fire all the Employees that dont care about anything but money, fire all the liars, give… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A family oriented customer first company who cares

Manager (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH

I have been working at Nationwide full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Nationwide is a pillar of the community. We are involved with many local… Cons: There is not a lot of room to grow from a manager's perspective. You need to be attached to… Advice to Senior Management: Fix the internal inequities that make it difficult if not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Nationwide.

Worked for Nationwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nationwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nationwide CEO Steve Rasmussen. All reviews posted anonymously by Nationwide employees.