Nationwide
www.nationwide.com Columbus, OH 5000+ Employees

Incompetent management

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible, nice work environment, nice plants.

ConsPoor upper and middle management, no accountability for management, lack of promotional opportunities, lack of movement within the organization, no incentive (compensation) for exceptional work.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove decision making and leadership of upper management. Management showed poor decision making and representation of company outside of traditional work environment.

Female-Unfriendly

Marketing and Communications (Former Employee)
    Columbus, OH

I worked at Nationwide

Pros: They pay a lot better than other large companies in the area. Good location in… Cons: Prepare to be surrounded by incompetent men. The glass ceiling is alive and well at Nationwide. I knew many female employees who were… Advice to Senior Management: Offer more developmental opportunities to your staff - courses, conferences, certificates, etc. I've heard development went out the window with the budget cuts. … More

Looks good on the outside, but wait til you get inside....

Corporate Security (Current Employee)
    Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Nationwide

Pros: The benefits are pretty good. The vast array of individuals you work with is… Cons: I can't speak for the departments I don't work in, but in the Security field the opportunity for advancement is minimal at best. The… Advice to Senior Management: Communication. A basic thing that everyone seems to preach, but few actually implement it and continue to use it. It's amazing how much… More
There are newer reviews on Nationwide.

Worked for Nationwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nationwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nationwide CEO Steve Rasmussen. All reviews posted anonymously by Nationwide employees.