There are newer employer reviews for Nationwide

job review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Nationwide

Pros

Good company with good opportunities for the most part. Was a good company to get experience. Pay was ok and the training was good.

Cons

Management direction. They keep changing the how they do business both for the company and the agents. No real job security

Try to create an action plan and stick with . Consolidation isn't always a important expecially if you have a good work force.

676 Other Employee Reviews for Nationwide (View Most Recent)

Nationwide is becoming a horrible place to work...

Current Employee - Information Systems Technical Specialist  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Information Systems Technical Specialist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Nationwide

Pros

Average pay, average benefits...thats about it..

Cons

7 years ago I was happy with Nationwide, not anymore...the recent changes Nationwide has made is really causing alot of employees to look elsewhere for employment. They are destroying the working environment.

1) They cut back on the amount of vacation carryover days
    2) They no longer allow employees to dress casually all week long. Whereas you used to be able to pay a fee which goes to United Way to wear jeans, this is only allowed on Fridays now. Gee, nice thinking there guys...you just decreased Operation Feed money.
    3) Here's a kicker - They are changing all of the floors to "Team Spaces" with an Agile environment setting. NOBODY wants this. Quite Frankly it SUCKS. Who wants to give up a personalized private cubicle to sharing an open table with other people? If the senior management think this is such a great idea, then why aren't the senior management also sharing tables like the rest of us? Oh no, in fact they actually get upgraded from a big cubicle, to actual offices with real doors. Like the saying goes around Nationwide, it takes having walls to decide that others not having walls is better.
    4) And the worst of all, they are banning all AWE and AWS work schedules. In other words, you can no longer work from home, and you can no longer work a condensed work week (i.e 4 ten hour days with every Friday off, etc) This is going to cause a massive talent drain in this company.. In the day and age of the internet, they are refusing to let IT folks work from home. Makes a whole lot of sense doesnt it? How is that for regression?
    5) A couple years ago they got rid of sick time. Its now in a bucket of "Your Time"...which essentially means employees have less vacation time.
    6) Although I have no proof I believe they "fib" about engagement scores. First of all they give us some positive news right before surveys are taken...and once scores are released, they bombard everyone with negative decisions...do you really think the associates are dumb enough to not catch this? Every single person in my department rated the scores as low as they could this year, yet scores raised for our dept?

Bottom line, this company used to be a good place to work...but not anymore.
    Nationwide is NOT on my side.

Get off your high horses, give the employees there walls back, give back the AWE and AWS schedules and then maybe you can prevent the talent drain thats about to occur as soon as the economy improves.

Is Nationwide really "On Your Side"?

Current Employee - Associate Agent
    Current Employee - Associate Agent

I have been working at Nationwide

Pros

Variety of products in insurance and financial servicesl to offer. Strong corporate name for many years.

Cons

Strong push to eliminate independent agents by unatainable goals for bonuses, new contract addendums, unfair pricing criteria, and decreased commisions.

need to save money? Suggest a corporate 5% pay rduction from the very top down. Perhaps then we can offer our consumers a very competitive rate! Agencies have made their budget cuts and commssion cuts now its your turn.

There are newer employer reviews for Nationwide

Worked for Nationwide? Contribute to the Community!