Nationwide

www.nationwide.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Nationwide

Nationwide is a good place to work. It's getting better.

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Nationwide

Pros

Salary and the people are great.

Cons

Lack of clear communication and HR does not do a good job of seeking out and developing high potential talent for the most part.

More development and more communication to associates.

818 Other Employee Reviews for Nationwide (View Most Recent)

Nationwide at a cross-road.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Nationwide

Pros

Fundamentally sound company with fair wages and benefits. We have integrity, and try to do the right thing for the right reasons. As a mutual company, we are not subject to pressure to perform from shareholders.

Cons

Currently, there does not appear to be a clear plan to see us through the lack of effective sales distribution, nor a clear vision for our organization structure. Senior Leaders on the PCC seem to spend time at odds with each other.

We are a mutual company, yet trying to act like a stock company, yet not compensating individuals at the higher rate of a stock company.

A clear, yet wrong, direction would be an improvement to the current situation. At leadt then we would be moving forward and able to realize it is the wrong direction, and make changes. Instead, we appear to be spending great effort, yet not accomplishing anything.

Change comes at you fast

Current Employee - Personal Lines Representative in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Personal Lines Representative in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Nationwide

Pros

In general, the people who work for the company are great people- fun and caring. Pay is decent.

Cons

Total benefit package is not great and getting worse as the company further cuts the health insurance options it provides its employees. Morale is very low company-wide; the company is consolidating some functions resulting in lost jobs in certain areas. Bureaucracy is ingrained in the corporate culture. Many levels of management means even the smallest changes don't get completed. The computer system the employees use is ancient (DOS-based).

Keep ahead of industry trends. True leadership knows what is coming and makes changes before the economy downturns or the market goes soft. "When you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

There are newer employer reviews for Nationwide