There are newer employer reviews for Nationwide

Nationwide is a good place to work. It's getting better.

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Nationwide

Pros

Salary and the people are great.

Cons

Lack of clear communication and HR does not do a good job of seeking out and developing high potential talent for the most part.

More development and more communication to associates.

reviews filtered by
  1. Nationwide at a cross-road.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Nationwide

Pros

Fundamentally sound company with fair wages and benefits. We have integrity, and try to do the right thing for the right reasons. As a mutual company, we are not subject to pressure to perform from shareholders.

Cons

Currently, there does not appear to be a clear plan to see us through the lack of effective sales distribution, nor a clear vision for our organization structure. Senior Leaders on the PCC seem to spend time at odds with each other.

We are a mutual company, yet trying to act like a stock company, yet not compensating individuals at the higher rate of a stock company.

A clear, yet wrong, direction would be an improvement to the current situation. At leadt then we would be moving forward and able to realize it is the wrong direction, and make changes. Instead, we appear to be spending great effort, yet not accomplishing anything.

2. Positive

Current Employee - Claims Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Claims Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Nationwide

Pros

Opportunity to be given new exposures and grow leadership skills. There hasn't been a day where I have been bored or unchallenged. There are usually opportunities to learn new technology and skill sets.

Cons

Lot's of work...seldom an 8 hour day!!

None...I mean there are plenty of things to possibly complain about, but at what sacrifice? I mean, there are consequences to actions. Increasing staff would reduce workloads, but at the expense of not being competitive with our products?? We are in a soft market...need to do some belt tightening to get through it. We will.

There are newer employer reviews for Nationwide