There are newer employer reviews for NaturalMotion

Figuring out their role in the mobile market

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at NaturalMotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*great people; the hiring process is VERY tough- very high standards in the talent they bring on
*use of proprietary technology to use in mobile games
*innovation is encouraged

Cons

*disorganized
*no sense of company culture in the SF studio
*seem to have a lack of directive in the company's overall mission when it comes to their mobile games in preproduction
*breakdown in communication between Oxford headquarters and SF studio
*very small (game) studio here stateside; projects are not given the manpower or resources they need, and the hiring process/ HR is very understaffed as they are split between UK and US needs.
*minimal benefits (studio is so small, health and dental/vision options are very limited)

Advice to Management

Wish upper management had given the SF studio the resources and manpower it deserved and needed to properly make the games we had been assigned to make. Wish they had 1. had better organization and a solid plan moving forward with their games, and 2. had truly given the SF studio a fighting chance to succeed.

reviews filtered by
  1. Valued skills

I have been working at NaturalMotion full-time

Pros

I actually feel like my opinions are listened to, and they've had a real visible impact on some of the work. This is the first job I've had where I've been given time and opportunity to use the skills I spent years learning, even skills that I didn't think would be directly useful for my role. And it's nice to feel like you CAN just chat to the other people you happen to meet in the kitchen (even the CEO), there's very little awkwardness.

Cons

Like all growing companies, there are little niggles and things that are hard to get right for everyone. But in my view these are either dealt with or at least acknowledged and investigated.

2. Great company, with exciting times ahead!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at NaturalMotion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work-life balance compared to previous jobs, working at the forefront of mobile gaming and pushing the limits. Great managment and the chance to work with some of the best industry talent.

Cons

The company has grown rapidly in recent times which has caused some teething problems, but management listen and these problems are being addressed.