There are newer employer reviews for NaturalMotion

Love it!!

I have been working at NaturalMotion full-time

Pros

Really enjoy working here. benefits are up to par, can't complain. life and work balance is fair, never feel overworked. Yes, even with deadlines.

It feels like they are still feeling their way through as a startup. All an all they are headed in the right direction.

Cons

I hate to be honest and say there is no real cons, at least for me.

Only thing that comes to mind is.. training is lacking but nothing serious. you can read-up on most things and people are always willing to help.

9 Other Employee Reviews for NaturalMotion (View Most Recent)

Beware. successful company - bad habits.

Former Employee - 3D Artist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - 3D Artist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at NaturalMotion as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

good tech and mid ware development back at the Headquarters in England. Seems like the studio over there is put together very well. Very success oriented.

I was able from home.

Cons

did contract work for the San Francisco branch. management was pretty neglectful.

I was able to work from home but this had an adverse effect when it came time to communicate.

Delays on feedback. poor feedback and communication. VERY slow to pay, taking over a month to finally deliver their half of the bargain.
    long periods of downtime within a contract leading to depreciation in value of the agreed on rates.

Unprofessional and too much of an inconvenience to work for.

Take your jobs seriously. take a page out of the UK branch.

Figuring out their role in the mobile market

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at NaturalMotion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

*great people; the hiring process is VERY tough- very high standards in the talent they bring on
    *use of proprietary technology to use in mobile games
    *innovation is encouraged

Cons

*disorganized
    *no sense of company culture in the SF studio
    *seem to have a lack of directive in the company's overall mission when it comes to their mobile games in preproduction
    *breakdown in communication between Oxford headquarters and SF studio
    *very small (game) studio here stateside; projects are not given the manpower or resources they need, and the hiring process/ HR is very understaffed as they are split between UK and US needs.
    *minimal benefits (studio is so small, health and dental/vision options are very limited)

Wish upper management had given the SF studio the resources and manpower it deserved and needed to properly make the games we had been assigned to make. Wish they had 1. had better organization and a solid plan moving forward with their games, and 2. had truly given the SF studio a fighting chance to succeed.

There are newer employer reviews for NaturalMotion