Naval Surface Warfare Center
www.navsea.com 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Place to Work

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Naval Surface Warfare Center

ProsGreat place to work. Many opportunities for advancement and great support for pursuing continuing education and advanced degrees. Management (in my department) was supportive and great to work with. Coworkers are some of the best and the work is something we can be proud of.

ConsBig Navy and government bureaucracy can sometimes get in the way. Sometimes the focus of work is to fix the latest "fire drill" and not the long term issues to benefit the Navy.

Research & Development

Computer Scientist (Former Employee)
Panama City, FL

I worked at Naval Surface Warfare Center

Pros: Stability and professional peers. Cutting edge technology work and research. Cons: Achievement was not tied to promotion. Too political. More

Ambitious people need not apply

Engineer (Current Employee)
Panama City, FL

I have been working at Naval Surface Warfare Center

Pros: - Government benefits are well-known to be [currently] pretty solid. - Working more than 40 hours a week is always compensated with time off or overtime… Cons: - Unfair compensation where it will take a recent graduate with a BS 5 years to reach the starting salary of someone starting with 1… Advice to Senior Management: Provide quick and easy access to tools mandatory for any engineer. Quit following and creating process for the sake of process, and question any requirement… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Worked for Naval Surface Warfare Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Naval Surface Warfare Center reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Naval Surface Warfare Center employees.