NaviNet

www.navinet.net

Company is trying - so let them

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsNaviNet is the new company to come out of NaviMedix. I never worked for NaviMedix so my review is based on current mood and culture.

That being said, the company is a great place to work. They are also trying to improve.

The company had a moment where it needed to change to stay successful. This change was a good thing. They are moving into a product to sell corporation instead of a solution to sell.. there is a difference. With Products and API model they have more breathing room. Easier ways to move up and grow. Majority of the people who work for NaviNet (old and new) get this.

I have never seen a company that is in such a flux state of change and still keep an excellent work/life balance. The company provides free food, cheap beverages, weekly socials with beer. Large socials with themes and excellent corporate parties. All while trying to change the business model of why they are in business. NaviNet management deserves a lot of credit for that.

As I see it, the majority of people who work for NaviNet are happy. Those who are new to the company are amazed by the culture. Those who do complain tend to have been at the company for so many years that they dont really understand how good they have it.

Location is near major public transportation stops. Great location for walking in downtown Boston, you have Chinatown across the street and Downtown Crossing a few blocks away.

Give the company a chance with the idea that its in the middle of change and needs to get there. In the process they are not changing the culture of how they got to where they are. This is rare in any business field.

ConsThe biggest issue has to be communication of all the departments to each other on how they are going to get "there". I personally believe the upper management is aware of this issue and are working on it. They have new Town Meetings for all employees on the strategies thats currently being used across the divisions. What are the different departments are doing for customers and the company.

The middle management needs some help and refocus on how to talk to each other. So many of the managers have been there so long, they know only how to work in a silo of their department. This is not a negative, but a point that needs reflection.

Growth internally is hard. Many of the employees are typically in close or near close positions that they started. However shifting around departments has been done often and is encouraged. Going from QA to Engineering, manager to back to department head. It has happened. Also people tend to stay where they are, so if you are looking to climb a ladder, this is not the place for you.

Much of the technology they are leveraging with their customers is end of life or simply out dated. The company knows this. They are working to move away, but they are not willing to upset customers to do so. The company does need to figure out when its going to cut ties on customers that are leveraging technology that is no longer viable. Growth, adapt, upgrade or leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve more communication of what the different teams inside NaviNet are doing. Not just sales and products but internal groups as well. What is IT doing with migrations and growth. What is documentation dept doing over the next year.

Free up more funds for the internal groups for internal projects. As the company grows you are need to make sure you internal groups grow with it. They need to keep up as much as the development and sales force.

Great place to work

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: NaviNet is a great place to work. I am allowed to work… Cons: I cannot think of even one con. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I have a great job

Software Developer Lead (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I am very happy with what I am doing right now, working closely sith the other dev resources in the company, and doing a bit… Cons: I have no specific downsides Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on NaviNet.

Worked for NaviNet? Contribute to the Community!