There are newer employer reviews for NaviNet

Good engineering department. Lots to learn.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at NaviNet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Navinet for a little over 5 years. In retrospect, the time spent there has had a positive effect on my career and my approach to work.

I learned from talented engineers on the teams I worked in. I was able to move across teams from development to architecture in the time I was there. Also got an opportunity to work closely with the perf team and interact regularly with the IT team. The company (or at least my group) cared more about getting stuff done than how many hours I spent at my desk. I felt the tech managers who I worked with cared about my well being as an employee, besides worrying about the bottom line and well being of the company.

Sure there was legacy code and customers who do not want changes, but that was part of the challenge at work. Management itself was not averse to change and moving forward. Successful software technology companies often have to with legacy code. In retrospect I learned more working with the legacy stuff, especially the performance aspect, than pushing code out as part of a feature team. Navinet provided me an opportunity to work on problems of scale. At the same time, they had a small-midsize-company-like approach to engineering.

Wishing the best of luck to my friends at Navinet!

Cons

There were some negatives while I worked there, mentioned in older reviews. From the newer reviews and talking to my ex-colleagues, seems like these issues have mostly been sorted out under the new CTO.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Exciting Company Vision and Great Work/Life Balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

With the arrival of Frank Ingari as CEO and a new company direction focused on delivering the first productized version of Navinet, NaviNet is a very different company that it was a year ago. Our leadership team is motivating and approachable, and provides visibility into company strategy and goals.
    The work culture is more exciting- departments have a shared target of working towards delivering the best product we can in 2014, rather than the more silo'ed structure of the past. I feel more of a team atmosphere, that continues to spread as roles of departments and individuals shift focus to our new product.
    As long as I've been at NaviNet, we've had a great benefit structure, and flexible work environment. It's definitely been a busy year, but the work environment makes this manageable, with the ability to work remotely and managers being accepting of flexible hours. As an expecting mother, I'm especially appreciative of our newly enhanced maternity benefit (8 weeks fully paid!!!) which also provides for paid time for paternity and adoption leave.
    All in all, I'm very happy with the direction that Navinet is going and enjoying day to day life there.

Cons

Still a transitional time- some areas are struggling with where they fit in in the "new" NaviNet.

Advice to Management

Keep providing as much visibility as possible into company direction and strategy, as well as visions for individual departments.

The most stimulating job I've ever loved!

Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Senior and mid level management allows you to take ownership, be creative and make decisions. NaviNet's footprint in the interactive healthcare network arena is the largest in the nation. NaviNet's contribution to payer/provider collaboration is helping to reduce healthcare costs and improve clinical interactions with patients for the entire nation. NaviNet provide's thought leadership to the entire continuum of heatlhcare. Allows folks to work from home which increases home/work satisfaction. NaviNet aligns with my moral needs as an employee to contribute to the greater good instead of maximizing dollar return on investment.

Cons

Free pizza and beer on Fridays means a thickening waistline!

Advice to Management

Provide managment training for your new and low level management.