NaviNet

www.navinet.net

NaviNet has boosted my confidence in what I'm able to do now and capable of in the future.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart, driven, and committed leadership team. Immediately given autonomy and asked for input/ideas on day one. Competitive pay, AWESOME benefits. Monthly company-wide gatherings so all employees know what's happening across all departments. People take breaks all throughout the day to play ping pong. Throughout the holiday seasons, each department did extravagant lunches, dinners, or in-office parties. If you refer someone for a job and they get it, you win $5000. The location is great. Lots of flexibility to work from home if necessary- everyone gets a laptop.

Cons

We're growing really quickly and adding jobs that haven't existed before, which is awesome. The down side to that is trying to figure out what your job is and how to structure your day, goals, etc. At first this was challenging for me but the more I dove in, the more I valued the opportunity to be creative, resourceful, and truly be independently shaping a new position for the company.

What's great about a lot of our management team is that most of them have come up through the ranks, so they know what the people at the bottom are going through and how to overcome walls. My advice is to continue developing great performers into great leaders.

Other Reviews for NaviNet

Good engineering department. Lots to learn.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at NaviNet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at Navinet for a little over 5 years. In retrospect, the time spent there has had a positive effect on my career and my approach to work.

I learned from talented engineers on the teams I worked in. I was able to move across teams from development to architecture in the time I was there. Also got an opportunity to work closely with the perf team and interact regularly with the IT team. The company (or at least my group) cared more about getting stuff done than how many hours I spent at my desk. I felt the tech managers who I worked with cared about my well being as an employee, besides worrying about the bottom line and well being of the company.

Sure there was legacy code and customers who do not want changes, but that was part of the challenge at work. Management itself was not averse to change and moving forward. Successful software technology companies often have to with legacy code. In retrospect I learned more working with the legacy stuff, especially the performance aspect, than pushing code out as part of a feature team. Navinet provided me an opportunity to work on problems of scale. At the same time, they had a small-midsize-company-like approach to engineering.

Wishing the best of luck to my friends at Navinet!

Cons

There were some negatives while I worked there, mentioned in older reviews. From the newer reviews and talking to my ex-colleagues, seems like these issues have mostly been sorted out under the new CTO.

Exciting Company Vision and Great Work/Life Balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

With the arrival of Frank Ingari as CEO and a new company direction focused on delivering the first productized version of Navinet, NaviNet is a very different company that it was a year ago. Our leadership team is motivating and approachable, and provides visibility into company strategy and goals.
    The work culture is more exciting- departments have a shared target of working towards delivering the best product we can in 2014, rather than the more silo'ed structure of the past. I feel more of a team atmosphere, that continues to spread as roles of departments and individuals shift focus to our new product.
    As long as I've been at NaviNet, we've had a great benefit structure, and flexible work environment. It's definitely been a busy year, but the work environment makes this manageable, with the ability to work remotely and managers being accepting of flexible hours. As an expecting mother, I'm especially appreciative of our newly enhanced maternity benefit (8 weeks fully paid!!!) which also provides for paid time for paternity and adoption leave.
    All in all, I'm very happy with the direction that Navinet is going and enjoying day to day life there.

Cons

Still a transitional time- some areas are struggling with where they fit in in the "new" NaviNet.

Keep providing as much visibility as possible into company direction and strategy, as well as visions for individual departments.

There are newer employer reviews for NaviNet.

Worked for NaviNet? Contribute to the Community!