NaviNet

www.navinet.net
  www.navinet.net
There are newer employer reviews for NaviNet

Great Company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great flexible and comfortable work environment. Very intelligent and personable engineers that I enjoy working with. Great leadership at the very top. The company is now designing software and working with technologies that you want to be working on.

Cons

Fixing legacy code can be challenging/frustrating but management is supportive and knows it is a problem. Rube Goldberg would be proud of some of the processes that have been put into place in the past.

Naming standards are not more important than functionality. Security is often put into place that makes it incredibly hard to get anything tested and deployed, and the process around getting access makes a day at the Registry of Motor Vehicles look fun and efficient.

59 Other Employee Reviews for NaviNet (View Most Recent)

This is not your friend's NaviNet

Current Employee - Director, Navinet
    Current Employee - Director, Navinet

I have been working at NaviNet full-time

Pros

Great alignment of strategy to actual work
    Strong senior manager
    Challenging work
    Good work life balance

Cons

Lots of change still
    Roles not totally clearly defined
    Significant challenges ahead

Keep going. You've done a great job of shifting the energy and culture. No lead us to execution.

NaviNet has boosted my confidence in what I'm able to do now and capable of in the future.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Smart, driven, and committed leadership team. Immediately given autonomy and asked for input/ideas on day one. Competitive pay, AWESOME benefits. Monthly company-wide gatherings so all employees know what's happening across all departments. People take breaks all throughout the day to play ping pong. Throughout the holiday seasons, each department did extravagant lunches, dinners, or in-office parties. If you refer someone for a job and they get it, you win $5000. The location is great. Lots of flexibility to work from home if necessary- everyone gets a laptop.

Cons

We're growing really quickly and adding jobs that haven't existed before, which is awesome. The down side to that is trying to figure out what your job is and how to structure your day, goals, etc. At first this was challenging for me but the more I dove in, the more I valued the opportunity to be creative, resourceful, and truly be independently shaping a new position for the company.

What's great about a lot of our management team is that most of them have come up through the ranks, so they know what the people at the bottom are going through and how to overcome walls. My advice is to continue developing great performers into great leaders.

There are newer employer reviews for NaviNet