NaviNet

www.navinet.net

Director

Director, Navinet (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsWorking within incredibly bright highly motivated colleagues on the future of healthcare collaboration that lowers costs and improves patient outcomes. Quality, innovation, and continuous improvement are part of the cultural fabric at NaviNet.

Hiring standards are very high and every candidate must pass the NaviNet Audition which involves defining a solution based on a set of requirements with several NaviNet Staff. The audition is customized to the type of position (e.g. Software Engineering, User Experience or Product Development). This rigorous interview process insures only best candidates are hired.

NaviNet holds an Off The Grid (OTG) event once a year where work is stopped and the staff forms small teams to work on innovative ideas for two days (hence off the grid). These projects are presented to the company on the third day, judged, and prizes are awarded. Many of these ideas make their way back into the Product Development Life-cycle.

The salary and benefits are competitive and it is hard to beat the location, three blocks from South Station - Boston, MA. In fact, most of the staff at the organization uses public transportation with quite a few cycling in from the surrounding areas. The casual dress and Beer Friday's are icing on the cake.

ConsThere is quite a bit of technical debt that has been accumulated over the years but with the transition from a service organization to a product organization that debt should be easier to refactor. replace or retire.

Good Place to Be...

Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time for more than a year

Pros: Collaborative work environment, they hire the "right" people Not political Good benefits,… Cons: Company still seems to be ramping up, transitioning to productized platform Feels like an entrepreneurial… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing. Engage your employees with the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Work / life balance, compensation, location, team-oriented environment, benefits Cons: Not for a person who does not embrace a fast-paced environment and does not have the ability… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NaviNet.

Worked for NaviNet? Contribute to the Community!