There are newer employer reviews for NaviNet

A Mover and Shaker in the Healthcare IT Industry!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture and atmosphere at NaviNet is truly unique; from pizza & beer Fridays, to the casual dress and Town Hall monthly meetings with EVERYONE in the office. However, NaviNet reaches beyond this to truly embrace an inclusive community. Different departments are encouraged to collaborate; both informally, and formally through the NaviNet sponsored Off the Grid competition every year. The office is an open format and you can feel a positive buzz as people communicate in groups and work toward their projects. Coming from a large top-tier corporate law firm, this organization has the right mix of focus, energy, collaboration, encouragement, and positive dynamics.

Cons

According to NaviNet's history, we are still overcoming some "old culture" mentality and embracing the new direction that is coming from top management. Therefore, many reviews from years past do not accurately reflect the current state of the organization. This is an active environment; it is extremely dynamic and ever-changing as it grows to be an industry leader. This can naturally produce pressure and fatigue over the long stretch. However, I do think that NaviNet leaders try to address this with other incentive programs.

Advice to Management

The current management at NaviNet is extremely relevant and in touch with the organization. There is a direct line from the top/down, and all of the management and executive team are extremely approachable and open to feedback. NaviNet invests an incredible amount of energy in their employees, and this translates to a sense of inclusion and being part of the team.

NaviNet Response

May 8, 2014Talent Acquisition & Retention Specialist

Thanks for addressing some of the past, less positive remarks on our culture. I appreciate the acknowledgment of our efforts to improve the health of our culture by engaging and appreciating our ... More

reviews filtered by
  1. Good Place to Be...

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative work environment, they hire the "right" people
    Not political
    Good benefits, vacation time, work-life balance, etc.

Cons

Company still seems to be ramping up, transitioning to productized platform
    Feels like an entrepreneurial company still, which may not be the perfect fit for everyone (I like it)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Engage your employees with the vision of the company and the mission to improve healthcare

NaviNet Response

May 8, 2014Talent Acquisition & Retention Specialist

You bring up a valuable point regarding our ramp up efforts. We think and feel like a start up with an "all hands on deck" mentality and therefore, there's a lot of ambiguity. Like you, I enjoy this ... More

2. Excellent culture, really smart people, a great CEO, a learning and challenging environment

Current Employee - Product Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time

Pros

Most roles are flexible, the leadership gives you autonomy, there are many opportunities available. There is a lot to learn, many challenges to be had, and we are always improving.
    The vision / mission of the company is sound and people seem to care.
    I like feeling like I can go out for a beer with most people I work with
    Pizza and Beer Fridays, Lunches, Sporting activities, and great work functions
    I've had training every year I've worked at the company to help myself grow
    I've had a lot of opportunities to try new things and learn where my strengths are

Cons

Being operationally efficient is something that NaviNet still has a lot to improve on.
    We are transitioning I think very effectively from a Professional Services company only to a Product Company and Professional Services company. We still have a lot of people that are project focused, (i.e., there is a short term project with an end date...) without the mindset to be operationally focused for the long term. (i.e., this thing is going to live on for a long time and we have to support its success. There are some folks that are learning how to operate differently and others that will probably need to find something else to do for us to succeed.

Advice to Management

Invest a lot of time in the market listening and prioritizing with our customers their problems.
    Set a longer term vision
    Set challenging goals
    Ensure there is accountability and follow up