NaviNet

www.navinet.net
  www.navinet.net
There are newer employer reviews for NaviNet

A Mover and Shaker in the Healthcare IT Industry!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The culture and atmosphere at NaviNet is truly unique; from pizza & beer Fridays, to the casual dress and Town Hall monthly meetings with EVERYONE in the office. However, NaviNet reaches beyond this to truly embrace an inclusive community. Different departments are encouraged to collaborate; both informally, and formally through the NaviNet sponsored Off the Grid competition every year. The office is an open format and you can feel a positive buzz as people communicate in groups and work toward their projects. Coming from a large top-tier corporate law firm, this organization has the right mix of focus, energy, collaboration, encouragement, and positive dynamics.

Cons

According to NaviNet's history, we are still overcoming some "old culture" mentality and embracing the new direction that is coming from top management. Therefore, many reviews from years past do not accurately reflect the current state of the organization. This is an active environment; it is extremely dynamic and ever-changing as it grows to be an industry leader. This can naturally produce pressure and fatigue over the long stretch. However, I do think that NaviNet leaders try to address this with other incentive programs.

The current management at NaviNet is extremely relevant and in touch with the organization. There is a direct line from the top/down, and all of the management and executive team are extremely approachable and open to feedback. NaviNet invests an incredible amount of energy in their employees, and this translates to a sense of inclusion and being part of the team.

NaviNet Response

May 8, 2014Talent Acquisition & Retention Specialist

Thanks for addressing some of the past, less positive remarks on our culture. I appreciate the acknowledgment of our efforts to improve the health of our culture by engaging and appreciating our ... More

58 Other Employee Reviews for NaviNet (View Most Recent)

Best team and outstanding technology

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (more than an year)

Pros

What I like most about NaviNet is the outstanding technology that we use here. We have a highly collaborative environment where there are designated individuals for every aspect of the software development process. We use lean method and I mean seriously the real thing, and we have collective ownership to the code/process/documentation. The team is very friendly and highly technical. Can it get better than that?

Cons

Large team and not everyone adhering to the proper standards and practices

Director

Current Employee - Director, Navinet in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director, Navinet in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working within incredibly bright highly motivated colleagues on the future of healthcare collaboration that lowers costs and improves patient outcomes. Quality, innovation, and continuous improvement are part of the cultural fabric at NaviNet.

Hiring standards are very high and every candidate must pass the NaviNet Audition which involves defining a solution based on a set of requirements with several NaviNet Staff. The audition is customized to the type of position (e.g. Software Engineering, User Experience or Product Development). This rigorous interview process insures only best candidates are hired.

NaviNet holds an Off The Grid (OTG) event once a year where work is stopped and the staff forms small teams to work on innovative ideas for two days (hence off the grid). These projects are presented to the company on the third day, judged, and prizes are awarded. Many of these ideas make their way back into the Product Development Life-cycle.

The salary and benefits are competitive and it is hard to beat the location, three blocks from South Station - Boston, MA. In fact, most of the staff at the organization uses public transportation with quite a few cycling in from the surrounding areas. The casual dress and Beer Friday's are icing on the cake.

Cons

There is quite a bit of technical debt that has been accumulated over the years but with the transition from a service organization to a product organization that debt should be easier to refactor. replace or retire.

There are newer employer reviews for NaviNet