There are newer employer reviews for NaviSite

Strange

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at NaviSite

Pros

Lots of technology, you can get to work on different projects where you might learn new products. It is a plus.

Cons

no salary increases, even if you get goo reviews, do not expect any increases. Negotiate your salary before you start.

There are a lot of good talent in the company but there is no motivation. You work a lot and no rewards

reviews filtered by

Disorganized

Current Employee - Software Developer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NaviSite

Pros

The office floor was always quiet.

Cons

I worked in the Santa Clara office briefly after my company was acquired. Many of the florescent lights kept flickering or were off completely. My cube was on the 2nd floor over their computer room on the 1st floor and the floor vibrated constantly. I inquired with the maintenance guy there, but nothing got done about any of this.

My fellow employees all seemed down all the time. I found it little depressing. I never saw much organization there or vision from the top. They just seemed to have scattered projects without one vision or identity. The management structure also seemed unclear. My team's manager had about 5 people above him and even he said he was unclear who reported to whom.

Based on what I was told, they bought my old company because we had one super-customer whose business they wanted. Shortly after Navisite bought my company, they lost this customer. Rather than keeping us all to work on other projects, they laid us all off. Then, they tried to hire me back on contract (and at least one other coworker I know of), but without benefits and at the same salary (and the contract would only be for a certain period, like a few months, and then would have to be renewed).

My advice to Navisite management is to become more organized and communicate a clear vision to the employees. Also, get those florescent lights fixed in the Santa Clara office.

2. NaviSite Rocks

Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at NaviSite

Pros

Training and experience gained from working on a team with seasoned veterans who are willing to show you the ropes. Enterprise applications are the key platform for your business growth. Getting the most out of them requires careful mapping of the applications to your business objectives and processes, as well as maintaining them with high agility and reliability.

By entrusting your enterprise Application Implementation to the experts at NaviSite, you get streamlined processes, outstanding results, and controllable costs. Our offerings include application consulting, planning, implementation, upgrade, optimization, and governance/compliance capabilities for the leading enterprise applications

Cons

Travelling to distant locations and not always staying in the best hotels. As the increasing performance and accessibility of technology continues to level the playing field across most industries, you can still retain your competitive edge by seeking out time-and cost-efficient ways to deploy technology solutions.

NaviSite addresses this demand in the business application realm with our Rapid Implementation Community Model (RICM) – a methodology that gives you a whole new outlook on rapid ROI and accelerated timelines. This accelerated application implementation methodology provides small to mid-sized companies with the benefits of a Tier 1 enterprise solution along with a team of experts who deliver a completely scalable, integrated, and automated solution – in just 90 days. Our lab-configured environments ensure that you receive the benefits of increased functionality with minimal impact on internal resources

Develop more of a community and inter-active two way communication channel for people who travel and work at teh client site

There are newer employer reviews for NaviSite