Navico
www.navico.com Lysaker, Norway 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good Tulsa Engineering Job

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Navico

ProsNavico engineering in the Research and Development group is relaxed and intimate. Many engineers are avid fishermen and there are plenty of outdoor opportunities to test the products and do some fishing. Pay is OK for Tulsa. The amount of vacation is the best benefit.

ConsPay at Navico could be better. It isn't bad considering the recession and cost of living but it could be better. There is a health insurance plan, but many choose to use their wives' (or other significant others') plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough cost of living is better than more exciting places (New York, Boulder, San Francisco, Seattle, etc.) we still have college loans, mortgages and kids to pay for. Checking many different sites including IEEE and various electronics design magazines shows that we could be making more. This is why the average turnover for an engineer here is 5 years or less.

Please, just stop the madness.

Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at Navico

Pros: The people in the trenches still care, and the products… Cons: It feels like the junior varsity squad of assistant managers from RayMarine just took possession of a giant toy boat called Navico and are blasting… Advice to Senior Management: There isn't a management team left in America to give advice to. FYI - Jens… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a great place to work anymore.

I have been working at Navico

Pros: It's a paying job, and for that everyone still employed feels blessed. Non-managerial co-workers are great and… Cons: Lowrance Electronics, which was a nice family friendly place to work was purchased by a Norwegian investment group to form Navico in 2006. Since… Advice to Senior Management: Try and fix what is already broken instead of continuing to add more projects. Stop taking on more and more grandiose initiatives and spreading… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Navico.

Worked for Navico? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navico reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Navico CEO Leif Ottosson. All reviews posted anonymously by Navico employees.