Navigant Consulting

www.navigant.com
  www.navigant.com
There are newer employer reviews for Navigant Consulting

Take a thorough look before you leap

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Navigant Consulting

Pros

Most of the people working here, at least that I met, were friendly and bright and generally concerned with doing quality work on their projects.

Cons

Management, benefits, and pay leave a lot to be desired. Communication to the ranks is generally very whitewashed. I was with this company for awhile, and I don't know it has an actual strategy in place besides rolling up small firms. Post-merger integration is essentially absent.

Communicate more frequently and clearly. Do not spin pay, benefits, economic environment, etc. Focus on defining a coherent strategy that avoids consulting lingo and can be understood in 1 minute.

255 Other Employee Reviews for Navigant Consulting (View Most Recent)

We're not strategy consultants - don't be fooled. Want a job? Consider the Big 4 accounting firms before you come here.

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Navigant Consulting

Pros

The people are the best selling factor, hands down. Since the company hires young right out of college new hires, a lot of the people you work with are people just like you.

Cons

The turnover is ridiculously high, which also plays into the amount of young new hires. Also sometimes it feels like there's no senior management because everyone is so young. There's definitely a generation gap (30's - mid 40's). We have no sense of direction or strategy. No one knows where we're going or even how to get there. This message is just convoluted across all levels within the company. Particularly in down economies is when we're supposed to sell the most work, but in reality, we're just going through layoffs with poor disclosure.

Sell more work. Be clear to your co-workers about our economic situation.

Niche field expertise.

Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Navigant Consulting

Pros

They work in niche fields, so you have end up being an expert in whatever field you choose, health, energy construction etc. So most people seem to use this as a stepping stone and then move on to companies that provide them with broader experience. But those who stick around gain specialised knowledge and are known for their expertise, inside and outside the company.

Cons

Because the are oriented to such niche markets, any market upheavals, like the downturn in construction can adversely affect your job. So if your market is doing well, things will be great, if not, start sending out those resumes right away.

None