Navigant Consulting
www.navigant.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Inconsistent management and narrowly defined verticals

Managing Consultant (Current Employee)
Burlington, MA

ProsI've stayed at Navigant much longer than I should have because I love my coworkers. Hands down, they are the best. Smart, highly qualified, and passionate about the work (we're in the energy practice.)

ConsHowever, it doesn't matter that I have wonderful, smart, coworkers. The majority of the work is large government contracts, which is repetitive and mind numbing on a good day. There are some offices that have a better mix of contracts (not all government work) but that is the minority in Navigant Energy. How quickly you move up also depends on who you work for. I've seen people in other parts of the practice get promoted year after year, while other managing directors seem to believe in a tenure track system wherein they will not consider promoting their staff until 3-4 years have passed at one level.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your staff for being the overachieving ambitious workers that they are, and be consistent about it across the company. I know you're talking about consistency, but we have yet to see it filter down to the bottom of the totem pole.
Get out there and get us more work to do than these giant 3-5 year government contracts of rote work. You hire the best, from top institutions, why give us such unimaginative assignments?

It was great in the beginning, and I don't necessary want to leave.

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Navigant Consulting as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Fun, smart talented people. I am proud to call many of… Cons: Eventually, what start off as a very flat organization structure, where a single voice had some weight, turned… Advice to Senior Management: -Issue every employee the best and lastest laptops. You want them to be as productive as possible? Give them the tools that work all the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Outstanding & Forward-thinking Culture of Professionals

Associate Director (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Navigant Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros: Smart and dedicated colleagues raise the skill set bar Cons: Could be more communication between offices and regions Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Navigant Consulting.

Worked for Navigant Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Navigant Consulting – Why Work for Us?

Why Navigant At Navigant, you will have the opportunity to make an impact every day through your client work, personal and professional development, and community involvement. You will collaborate with thought… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navigant Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Navigant Consulting CEO Julie M. Howard. All reviews posted anonymously by Navigant Consulting employees.