Navigant Consulting
www.navigant.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great learning experience right out of school, poor compensation for the effort

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsThis job will round out your resume. There were always really interesting projects across the different consulting practices--my predictive analytic and healthcare experience let me work on setting up health insurance plans, constructing terms for physician group and hospital buyouts/acquisitions, to constructing expert testimony for healthcare litigation cases.

ConsMy colleagues and I called this place 'the puppy mill' because their business model is to take really smart 20 somethings straight out of college and pay them next to nothing and squeeze 2 MAYBE 3 years out of them. There is no advancement, you are either junior consultant or you are an overpaid director bringing in business. I asked for a raise after 2 years of being there (billing almost a million dollars in revenue per year and earning only 60k) and it 'wasn't in the budget.' I left when they actually stopped contributing to my 401k in addition to the pay freezes.

Decent company, but too bureaucratic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Navigant Consulting full-time

Pros: nice people; interesting work; large national footprint Cons: public model too metrics driven – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company to work for.

I have been working at Navigant Consulting

Pros: Work life balance is great. Cons: Compensation does not seem competitive. More
There are newer reviews on Navigant Consulting.

Worked for Navigant Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Navigant Consulting – Why Work for Us?

Why Navigant At Navigant, you will have the opportunity to make an impact every day through your client work, personal and professional development, and community involvement. You will collaborate with thought… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navigant Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Navigant Consulting CEO Julie M. Howard. All reviews posted anonymously by Navigant Consulting employees.