Navigant Consulting

There are newer employer reviews for Navigant Consulting

Good Clients, Bad Culture

Current Employee - Associate Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Associate Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Navigant Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting, innovative work on the cutting edge of health care transformation.

Cons

Silo/ turf mentality between the various business units forces us to have to "re-create" the wheel for client engagements, instead of building off our previous successes.

Smart, happy, engaged employees are the key to success in consulting, but the Navigant culture does not promote that. No raises were given this year to "highly compensated ADs;" metrics changed without any notice at the end of the year that negatively impacted bonuses. There is a lack of transparency in this environment.

255 Other Employee Reviews for Navigant Consulting (View Most Recent)

Great learning experience right out of school, poor compensation for the effort

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Navigant Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This job will round out your resume. There were always really interesting projects across the different consulting practices--my predictive analytic and healthcare experience let me work on setting up health insurance plans, constructing terms for physician group and hospital buyouts/acquisitions, to constructing expert testimony for healthcare litigation cases.

Cons

My colleagues and I called this place 'the puppy mill' because their business model is to take really smart 20 somethings straight out of college and pay them next to nothing and squeeze 2 MAYBE 3 years out of them. There is no advancement, you are either junior consultant or you are an overpaid director bringing in business. I asked for a raise after 2 years of being there (billing almost a million dollars in revenue per year and earning only 60k) and it 'wasn't in the budget.' I left when they actually stopped contributing to my 401k in addition to the pay freezes.

Decent company, but too bureaucratic

I worked at Navigant Consulting full-time

Pros

nice people; interesting work; large national footprint

Cons

public model too metrics driven

There are newer employer reviews for Navigant Consulting