There are newer employer reviews for Navigant Consulting

Great place to work

I have been working at Navigant Consulting

Pros

The culture is great. The people are fantastic and it is a great pleasure to work with everyone here. Everyone is very intelligent and works hard.

Cons

The hours are often very unpredictable. Sometimes you may work until 6 pm and other times you may work until 10 pm.

I think management is doing a great job. The company is diversified in different industries and is heading in a good direction.

reviews filtered by

My experience at NCI

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Navigant Consulting

Pros

1. Decent work life balance
    2. Some of the projects could be very interesting with an excellent opportunity to interact with directors and learn from them.
    3. A collegial atmosphere great for younger employees (but it can get old once you start approaching 30)
    4. Although it is nearly impossible to get a masters/PhD and work at NCI simultaneously, the company does encourage employees to obtain additional trainings.
    5. Good opportunities for travel

Cons

1. The promotion system appeared unfair at times. Everyone got promoted after 2 years (1.5 years in some offices), whether you were doing an excellent job or an average job.
    2. Poor bonuses
    3. Some of the projects could be very uninteresting and mundane. If you were not staffed on a good project, you could be doing work that could be performed by a trained monkey. You can start to feel "trapped" after awhile. If you spend month after month performing document review your transferrable skills will start to dwindle.
    4. My office had a very snobby culture at times.
    5. Poor communication from executive management
    6. Poor benefits compared to other employers

Executive management should really improve communications to employees. As another reviewer mentioned, most employees were unaware of NCI's strategic vision for the future.

2. Great people, good culture

Former Employee - Consultant in Fairfield, CT
    Former Employee - Consultant in Fairfield, CT

I worked at Navigant Consulting

Pros

Worked with great teammates and co-workers. Company structure did not induce competitive or cut throat nature.

Cons

Did not provide a great deal of area specific training which left me feeling lost with some tasks.

More area specific training would be helpful.

There are newer employer reviews for Navigant Consulting