Navistar
www.navistar.com Lisle, IL 5000+ Employees

Good company, but currently struggling.

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Lisle, IL

ProsA lot of great people, opportunities if you've got the right manager. Good development opportunities, but you have to seek them out for yourself. Visionary leader who sees the future of the industry and is guiding the company in the right direction.

ConsStruggling to make the current strategy work. From the outside it looks like we can't seem to get it together, and our stock price is reflecting that as of right now. It'll turn around eventually, but the next 24 months are probably going to be rocky.

Great tradition but stuck in the 80s.

SOX/Internal Audit Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Navistar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Some business functions have a good attitude and are really striving for success... The engineers and manufacturing functions are giving it their all, however is… Cons: Serious cost structure issues and product quality issues are two challenges no manufacturer ever wants to face simultaneously. All the while, those that need to… Advice to Senior Management: Cut the fat at the top, get ethical, and get some new blood... The old dogs haven't turned a commercial profit since 2006. There are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Navistar is changing to become a much better work place. Management is trying to improve the work culture.

Senior Product Development Engineer (Current Employee)
    Lisle, IL

I have been working at Navistar

Pros: Management is trying really hard to change the overall culture. They have moved a lot of people to one central location to improve on… Cons: As others have mentioned, management needs to improve. The old ways of running the business are evident in the way some managers make… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to try and improve the culture and the way Navistar does business. Already the change… More
There are newer reviews on Navistar.

Worked for Navistar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navistar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Navistar CEO Troy Clarke. All reviews posted anonymously by Navistar employees.