There are newer employer reviews for Navistar

Poor communication

Current Employee - Project Manager in Lisle, IL
Current Employee - Project Manager in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Navistar full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Plenty of smart people and hard workers

Cons

Horrific communication from leadership to the rest of the company. The company is clearly having issues, and morale is very low, but leadership keeps preaching "we are moving boldly forward"

Advice to Management

I understand you can't divulge a great deal of information, for a variety of reasons, but the pep talks aren't working considering what we are facing. Please speak to us like the adults we all are and indicate what is really happening.

reviews filtered by

Lack of strategic direction. Stubborn management. Old school mentality. New location does not make a company modern.

Current Employee - Supply Manager in Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Supply Manager in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Navistar full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Generally stable work environment. Coming from a Schaumburg based technology company (Mot), this company is a polar opposite. People are best assets is truly seen.

Cons

Need to get in 2012 in technology and systems and desperately needs a house cleanup. 20-30 years with a company is good if you are still productive. There are many middle to older age individuals with over 10-30 years of experience that can be done by a high school graduate (some are high school grads without college degrees). These individuals make upto 6 figures and add little to no value to the company.
    Capitalist structure - Raises are a hit or miss (mostly misses) but bonus is almost guaranteed even when the reports are less than desirable or flat out negative. I understand the upper management and "C" suite personnel like their bonuses.

Advice to Management

Streamline training for L7 and above so the management style is not a night and day from one group to the other.
    Global expansion is great but keeping a close eye at home (market share/gain) is a must.
    REVENUE is important if PROFIT MARGINS make sense. Revenue without margins is what non-profit organizations do.

2. Good company, lots of change, direction not always clear

Current Employee - Corporate in Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Navistar full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People are very nice and believe in doing the right thing. Compensation and benefits are competitive, great amenities (fitness center, campus, etc.)

Cons

Executive efforts are not always coordinated resulting in missed opportunities for collaboration and some frustrating dynamics

Advice to Management

Lack of coordination at the executive level is amplified throughout the organization; a little collaboration will go a long way towards strengthening employee morale, focus, and results

There are newer employer reviews for Navistar