Navistar
www.navistar.com Lisle, IL 5000+ Employees

Navistar has a solid base of great employees, but is ultimately controlled by investors.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Lisle, IL

I worked at Navistar full-time for more than a year

ProsHard working and knowledgeable workforce. World Class headquarters with great amenities. Working to create a more robust design and development process. Top notch industrial design.

ConsWill sacrifice workers to satisfy investors. Crowded and constantly shifting upper management roster.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn times of fiscal uncertainty, do whatever it takes to maintain employment levels, even if it means temporarily cutting salaries across the board, and actually fix the processes that continue to hemorrhage money.

It is OK

Senior Product Development Engineer (Current Employee)
Lisle, IL

I have been working at Navistar full-time for more than a year

Pros: Gym Office, work life balance Cons: management, work force quality, concentration Advice to Senior Management: Considering the down time and uncertainty the company is just doing OK. The question is how long is this OK situation going to last. It… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company, team, and pay

Intern (Former Employee)
Lisle, IL

I worked at Navistar as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Pay Benefits Co workers company growth great team Cons: Input isn't as valued if you aren't a long time… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Navistar.

Worked for Navistar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navistar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Navistar CEO Troy Clarke. All reviews posted anonymously by Navistar employees.