Navistar
www.navistar.com Lisle, IL 5000+ Employees

A lot of opportunity- the closest thing to a Startup in the Heavy Truck Industry

Senior Engineering Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Navistar full-time for more than a year

ProsHaving working at other OEM's- Navistar is an amazing company. Though the product is in a period of rapid recovery- its amazing how this company is set up. Once we get to the right after treatment set up, and things settle down, the company will accelerate. A new age of engineering core has been developed at Navistar and it is a cut above what I have seen in the industry.

ConsThe previous leadership attempted to force a technology in the field that was not valid and causing the current financial situation. This has left a good size challenge for everyone. There is a risk that despite all of our best efforts, it may fall short. But as we progress, the risk gets smaller progressively.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have a great engineering and product team, lets make some great products parallal to the engine work. Integrated Tractor Trailer, Scout SUV, Pro Star Replacement, Update the Legacy Product. The team in Lisle is talanted, and is up to the challenge.

Dollars more important than employees

I have been working at Navistar full-time for more than a year

Pros: Excellent facilities in new location. Design creativity is valued and… Cons: Upper management sees employees and experience as expendable, go so far as to encourage employees to quit to maintain… Advice to Senior Management: Employees may not buy your products, but they do make them happen. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A company unclear if headed up or down

Product Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Navistar full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Generally nice people to work with and decent benefits Cons: Executive team brought the company to it knees. Future… Advice to Senior Management: Time to focus and be best not cheapest No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Navistar.

Worked for Navistar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navistar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Navistar CEO Troy Clarke. All reviews posted anonymously by Navistar employees.