Navistar
www.navistar.com Lisle, IL 5000+ Employees

Navistar lost its identity as it transformed from International to Navistar, Inc.

Manager (Former Employee)
Warrenville, IL

ProsLot of opportunity as long as you do not challenge company leadership on why they do things the way that they are done.. Good pay.

ConsManagement is way too top heavy and set in its ways. They are not competitive in the industry, and would rather fight with vendors, partners and the government (SEC, US Military and Ford are examples). Management regards employee as expendable, and will lay off employees to maintain bottom line. Departments do not work together, and are at odds with each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementReceiving a bonus for cutting staff is no way to run a company. Outsourcing jobs and taking tax breaks to consolidate doesn't speak well of company management. Be honest with your vendors and employees.

Was great until the engine strategy turned out to be a sham

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Lisle, IL

I worked at Navistar full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There are good opportunities for advancement and it has relatively good compensation levels -… Cons: The engne strategy turned out to be flawed. Senior management tends… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Navistar Financial Systems

Lisle, IL

I have been working at Navistar full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Has been a great place to develp professionally by working… Cons: Currently going through a major turnaround. The business climate is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Navistar.

Worked for Navistar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navistar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Navistar CEO Troy Clarke. All reviews posted anonymously by Navistar employees.