There are newer employer reviews for Navistar

Navistar lost its identity as it transformed from International to Navistar, Inc.

Former Employee - Manager in Warrenville, IL
Former Employee - Manager in Warrenville, IL

I worked at Navistar full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lot of opportunity as long as you do not challenge company leadership on why they do things the way that they are done.. Good pay.

Cons

Management is way too top heavy and set in its ways. They are not competitive in the industry, and would rather fight with vendors, partners and the government (SEC, US Military and Ford are examples). Management regards employee as expendable, and will lay off employees to maintain bottom line. Departments do not work together, and are at odds with each other.

Advice to Management

Receiving a bonus for cutting staff is no way to run a company. Outsourcing jobs and taking tax breaks to consolidate doesn't speak well of company management. Be honest with your vendors and employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Navistar Financial Systems

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Navistar full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Has been a great place to develp professionally by working on large and complex projects.

Cons

Currently going through a major turnaround. The business climate is not very appealing to those looking for promotions and new opportunities.

2. A lot of opportunity- the closest thing to a Startup in the Heavy Truck Industry

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Navistar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having working at other OEM's- Navistar is an amazing company. Though the product is in a period of rapid recovery- its amazing how this company is set up. Once we get to the right after treatment set up, and things settle down, the company will accelerate. A new age of engineering core has been developed at Navistar and it is a cut above what I have seen in the industry.

Cons

The previous leadership attempted to force a technology in the field that was not valid and causing the current financial situation. This has left a good size challenge for everyone. There is a risk that despite all of our best efforts, it may fall short. But as we progress, the risk gets smaller progressively.

Advice to Management

We have a great engineering and product team, lets make some great products parallal to the engine work. Integrated Tractor Trailer, Scout SUV, Pro Star Replacement, Update the Legacy Product. The team in Lisle is talanted, and is up to the challenge.