There are newer employer reviews for Navistar

Heavily Resistant to Change

Former Employee - Product Development Engineer, Senior  in  Lisle, IL
Former Employee - Product Development Engineer, Senior in Lisle, IL

I worked at Navistar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Close to Chicago, pleasant workplace environment with nice amenities, lots of young people are starting to work there, as many of the old timers are beginning to retire.

Cons

High difficulty accepting changes to the product, even necessary changes that will help the company. Directors are more concerned with maintaining their bonus than doing what is best for the company. Difficulty communicating between departments to facilitate the few changes that ever get approved.

Embrace changes and don't put barriers in the way. Structure bonuses to encourage directors and managers to work to lower costs company-wide and not just within their bubble. (I.E. reduction in Bill of Material costs tend to be offset by rising warranty by going to cheap, but low quality suppliers)

362 Other Employee Reviews for Navistar (View Most Recent)

Very proud to be part of it!

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Navistar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Simply a great company to work for. Navistar cares about their employees and makes sure they are in the best conditions possible.
    Working at the Lisle location has many benefits and the campus is amazingly beautiful.

Cons

The most obvious con in my particular case is the traveling I must do to get to work.

Great Company, Great People

Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator  in  Lisle, IL
    Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Lisle, IL

I worked at Navistar as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The people who work for Navistar are some of the best and brightest that I've ever met

Cons

The company as a whole doesn't always make the best decisions and communication is not as transparent as it needs to be.

There are newer employer reviews for Navistar

Worked for Navistar? Contribute to the Community!