Navistar

www.navistar.com

Overall not the greatest, but good positions available

Senior Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) Lisle, IL

ProsGreat people, lots of great places to live in the area. There are definitely great jobs available that encourage innovation and creativity, although these are few and far between and tainted by the rest of the company a little.

ConsUpper management tends not to take advice from company's own engineers. It took a long time for them to realize that advanced EGR was not going to work, even though every engineer in the industry had been telling them for years. Lots of yes-men on the ladder. The corporate culture tends to stifle innovation (advanced EGR was advertised as an innovative technology, when in fact it was simply more of the same technology that met previous emissions standards). There's not much funding for research-type projects. Company tends to follow other companies' technologies rather than develop their own. Now that the top management has changed some or all of this may be different.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN to your own people. Sometimes when people tell you something's not going to work, it's not just them being negative - sometimes what they're saying is based on the laws of physics.

program manager

Program Manager (Former Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Navistar as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: good companeywith reasonable benifits and good balanace of personal professional… Cons: poor management clear direction of growth with good compensation is… Advice to Senior Management: good chances to grow Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not the best, not the worst

Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) Lisle, IL

I have been working at Navistar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: People are amazing Great pay and benefits Flexibility Opportunities for improvement are endless Cons: Unwilling or unable to change Lack of IT support Operates very much… Advice to Senior Management: Tear down the silos between departments Listen to employees for where… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Navistar.

Worked for Navistar? Contribute to the Community!