FALD associate

Current Employee - Accountant in Lisle, IL
Current Employee - Accountant in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Navistar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

opportunity to get a handful of experiences in a short period of time

Cons

rotations in cities that aren't appealing

Other Employee Reviews for Navistar

1. Great people to work with

I worked at Navistar full-time

Pros

Friendly, hard working Midwest culture. Good pay and benefits. It's a 100 plus year old company that has go through many ups and downs. I hope the company can become stronger after its latest setback. There is a foundation of good products to build on.

Cons

Going through some tough times now. New leadership needs to set a new course for the future.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to customer and employers. Focus on the basics for now (e.g., quality) and create a plan for future investments, product improvements.

2. Abysmal

Current Employee - Information Analyst in Urbana, OH
    Current Employee - Information Analyst in Urbana, OH

I have been working at Navistar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was a roof that kept rain off your head.

Cons

Management was rude and undereducated. The unions there kept folks who could help with system issues at bay, despite being woefully under-qualified. On my first day on the job, I got yelled at by a floor supervisor so hard that his spittle actually coated my safety glasses...after weathering the storm and asking some basic questions, it turned out that my department was not involved in the problem or responsible for fixing it (even though I was trying). Once he realized his mistake, he addressed his misbehavior by turning on his heel and storming off to go yell at someone else 15 feet away from me. Later on, I found out that this guy was one of their "superstars". It was not uncommon for workers to sabotage their test equipment to get unauthorized "breaks". Of course, we were not allowed to fix such problems until after their union folks thoroughly investigated the issue, resulting 99% of the time in their inability to actually address the issue. The time it took to address the problem, once we were allowed to get involved, counted against our department and usually led to unpaid overtime to catch back up. I could not get out of this environment sooner!

Advice to Management

Wake up.