Navistar
www.navistar.com Lisle, IL 5000+ Employees

Rethink IPD

ProsWork with a interesting product. Moderate control of designs for size of company.

ConsPay does not meet industry standard. There is a significant imbalance with the amount of work assigned within the engineering teams. Often a select few will be handed a signifcantly higher workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementFar too top heavy. I have 7 people I report to on different days of the week. There are people with only a couple of people under them. Most companies this size don't have 9 layers of management.

Rethink how you reward and punish the engineering staff. The high turnover in IPD isn't because management is doing a fantastic job.

FALD associate

Accountant (Current Employee)
    Lisle, IL

I have been working at Navistar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: opportunity to get a handful of experiences in a short… Cons: rotations in cities that aren't appealing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great people to work with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Navistar full-time

Pros: Friendly, hard working Midwest culture. Good pay and benefits. It's a 100 plus year old company that has go through many ups and… Cons: Going through some tough times now. New leadership needs… Advice to Senior Management: Continue listening to customer and employers. Focus on the basics for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Navistar.

Worked for Navistar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navistar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Navistar CEO Troy Clarke. All reviews posted anonymously by Navistar employees.