Navistar

www.navistar.com

Easy Internship

Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Lisle, IL

ProsVery nice headquarters campus, generous salary and housing stipend given to interns. A lot of interesting, younger engineers work there due to Navistar's move to Lisle, IL a few years ago when a lot of older people decided not to move with.

ConsMany of the interns either had very little to do or they had very involved projects. I first project was super easy excel drudgery but my boss treated it as if it were much more difficult for me and we had many unnecessary meetings -- I read the 4 hour work week at my desk in the time I had finished all of my work and was waiting on him. I should note that my second half of the internship was more involved and interesting. Oh, and they cut their intern program entirely in 2014

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen I was there it seemed like every one was focused on putting out fires much more than innovating. I noticed a few distinct types of people -- generic business types who were excited to be part of a company turn around, interesting young people who had been with the company a few years but were not in leadership roles, and old timers who seemed to do most of the work and were stressed out as a result. The company needs a vision to work towards that can excite the younger employees into doing something more than a typical project engineer.

Chaotic environment

I have been working at Navistar

Pros: Nice amenities, New programs to work on, Fair compensation package Cons: Projects are often cancelled half-way through, Poor training, Behind in… More

Great people, great environment, but a struggling company

IT Intern (Former Employee) Lisle, IL

I worked at Navistar as an intern for less than a year

Pros: I interned there in the summer of 2013 for the it department. The atmosphere was very welcoming and training was a breeze. For the first… Cons: They should find ways to clear state the goals for incoming interns on what should be accomplished. There was a lot of wasted time… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Navistar.

Worked for Navistar? Contribute to the Community!