Your success solely depends on your supervisor

Former Employee - Transactions - Account Specialist  in  Pensacola, FL
Former Employee - Transactions - Account Specialist in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Navy Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is competitive and great for the area

Cons

You have to request sick days off 21 days in advance. I don't know about you, but I never know 21 days in advance if I'm going to be sick or not. Your success at Navy Fed will depend on your work ethic but more so on who you get as a supervisor. Some of them are extremely lazy, unorganized, inefficient, and do not understand the complexities of the job you are doing.

Follow up on HR complaints about supervisors. If there is a trend among the staff, then there is usually a problem (when there's smoke, there's fire.) Do not allow them to make their own rules and regulations in regards to governing themselves. Most have a "do as I say, not as I do" mentality.

Other Reviews for Navy Federal Credit Union

Overall a great company to work for, just need to fix schedule and timekeeping issues.

I have been working at Navy Federal Credit Union

Pros

Excellent benefits and on the higher end for pay.

Cons

Do not agree with their timekeeping, they pay you only for your scheduled hours, do not compensate you for time worked after your scheduled reporting time ends, no matter how much time is spent working after wards. They will not let you adjust timesheet to reflect correct hours worked. Make promises to arrange for you to come in at a later time on another scheduled day to make up the difference, but they forget or lose track of it. They need to pay employees for all time worked in a day, not just the hours that their work schedule shows for the day.

Poor training and poor management

Former Employee - Member Service Representative  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Navy Federal Credit Union part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Meet great people and great employee perks.

Cons

I had NO experience in banking. So I was told 8 weeks training....I got 5 as MSR and 1 on teller. The girl who came a week after me got to do the training courses while I had to learn from the employees. Now I loved the girls but I need better instruction since I had no experience...
    Management talked down to employees in front of members. Yelled and was very rude.

Send all new employees to training, especially the one with no experience..
    Give all employees the same respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Navy Federal Credit Union.

Worked for Navy Federal Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!