Navy Federal Credit Union

There are newer employer reviews for Navy Federal Credit Union

Great benefits, average salary

Former Employee - Various Positions in Vienna, VA
Former Employee - Various Positions in Vienna, VA

I worked at Navy Federal Credit Union full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, reputation, great work environment, promote from within, on site benefits, entry level positions.

Cons

Salary is low for the area (HQ)

253 Other Employee Reviews for Navy Federal Credit Union (View Most Recent)

Painfull, dead end, hopeless, 70 hr. work week, harrassing and retaliating management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I worked at Navy Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

I spent 5 years in an environment that was crafted to destroy me physically, mentally, spiritually, professionally and personally. Instead, I have survived to expose their and plans.

Cons

I wasn't hired by the managers in my department. They didn't want any more help or ideas. They were obviously compelled to hire me by some outside force that knew it was professionally the right thing that was needed .. because it was missing. I didn't understand how a nation could employ the "redistribution of wealth" plan until I worked at this company. The few majority retired admirals at the top of the company added 3 to 5 layers of minority V.P.s and managers beneath them to carry out their will on the remaining 10,000 employees. Understand that this company is not a financial instituition. It bears no resemblance even to an american enterprise. How it received approval to operate as a Federal Credit Union, free of all taxation and DOD office space expense, is an atrocity. The layers of minority managers exclusively promote minorities from every nation on the earth (Philipino, Iranian, Indian, Japanese, Chinese, etc.). This is better understood when you discover that the wives, sisters, daughters, nieces and daughters-in-law of the top officers occupy most of the V.P. and manager positions.

Leave the company before your superiors blame you for all of this .. in an attempt to save themselves.

Good pay, but no career opportunities

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Navy Federal Credit Union part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay
    Good bonuses
    Helpful team mates

Cons

For someone who is entry level with a degree and is looking to make a career, NFCU is not for you

Favoritism, I work at a branch in FL and when a full-time position came up they gave it to the employee who was brand new, did not know much about NFCU products and services but she always sucked up to management

Very few opportunities to become full-time in a branch

Horrible training programs for new employees

Watch management at the branch level, because things are happening that should not be

Have more opportunities, not just at the HQ level but local branches as well

There are newer employer reviews for Navy Federal Credit Union