Navy Federal Credit Union

www.navyfcu.org

Pretty good for the Financial Services Inudstry

Former Employee - Member Services Representative  in  Honolulu, HI
Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Honolulu, HI

Pros

Above average pay for industry
Benefits
Bonuses
Ability to transfer to many different locations

Cons

Possibly longer hours and days in the future - less time for family/leisure
Lack of Management/Supervisory training program - career paths are not clearly defined
Working atmosphere highly dependent on who you work under - no consistency across the branches

create an SOP so that all employees are consistent
create a management training program for employees who have the desire and ability to advance within the company

Other reviews for Navy Federal Credit Union

Good pay for dealing with a so-so company

Former Employee - Call Center Account Specialist  in  Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Call Center Account Specialist in Pensacola, FL

Pros

Great pay for the area. Benefits for full-time and part-time employees - that are excellent. Training received is pretty good. Co-workers were great.

Cons

Very little room to advance. Promotions were based on who sucked up to the team leads the most not who was most deserving of the promotion. Customers were always right even when they weren't and the taped conversation could prove the employee was in the right.

Promote the people that actually deserve it. Look for those that are working hard and meet the metrics, not those that put themselves into after call work after every call.

Internship flop - Seems great if full-time employee

Former Employee - Software Developer Intern  in  Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Software Developer Intern in Vienna, VA

Pros

There is a diverse crowd of people working at Navy Federal Credit Union. Great programs and onsite Medical Facility that takes care of you at no cost. Cafeteria serves great food and the flexibility of work/life balance is great. Free scheduled massages and gym and really great all around.

Cons

It is very bureaucratic just like any job you'd probably find out there but it seems that management is trying to promote a good relationship with its employees. I worked in the IT department and it seems that although the senior management tries to make sure that everyone is happy, many colleagues on my team felt insulted at the methods that were being used.

In bad economic times, although I contributed a large portion of work to the company it seems I was not hired on as full time. My manager did try his best and I can account for that on all the phone conversations I overheard being that my cubicle was just across from his. I was really hoping I could get hired full time but being that the company was caught up in a hiring freeze in the 2008 recession crash, it didn't happen.

I just felt that with all my hard work I'd be an exception to the hiring freeze but I learned a lot there and glad to be part of the experience.

When you hire interns take a look at their achievements and give them an exit interview at the very least! Even if not hired, it's always good to see what was good and bad about the time spent at a job.

There are newer employer reviews for Navy Federal Credit Union.

Worked for Navy Federal Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!