Navy Federal Credit Union
www.navyfcu.org Vienna, VA 5000+ Employees

I like my job

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Pensacola, FL

ProsBenefits are excellent. Your leave accrues at a higher rate after you have been on staff for 3 years. The salaries are competitive, and the buildings in Pensacola feature state of the art amenities. Many of the jobs are on the phones, but there are quite a few opportunities to move to supervisory positions and other functional teams.

ConsIt's a big company, which is good and bad. Good because it is secure in tough financial times, and bad because you feel like you are just a cog in the machine. Some areas foster creativity and out-of-the-box thinking more than others. I am fortunate enough to be in a good department.

Sometimes management can do a little too-much handholding, which can hold back the abilities of the lower level employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement mechanisms to ensure corporate culture is maintained by middle management.

Great benefits, very stable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Vienna, VA

I worked at Navy Federal Credit Union

Pros: Really good benefits, never had any layoffs Cons: Slow paced, hard to get things done Advice to Senior Management: was Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Bureaucratic, close-minded culture. Awesome work/life balance.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Vienna, VA

I worked at Navy Federal Credit Union

Pros: Awesome work/life balance (for those NOT in the call center.)… Cons: Male dominated bureaucracy. If you have never been in the military, and… Advice to Senior Management: HR, please note that you hire employee's to do a job. Permit them to speak their mind, make educated, fact-based decisions and get that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Navy Federal Credit Union.

Worked for Navy Federal Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navy Federal Credit Union reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Navy Federal Credit Union CEO Cutler Dawson. All reviews posted anonymously by Navy Federal Credit Union employees.