There are newer employer reviews for Naylor

Great sense of family here, especially within my particular department.

Current Employee - Marketing Account Specialist in Gainesville, FL
Current Employee - Marketing Account Specialist in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people I work with everyday -from the receptionist to my managers. They are genuine and make me feel like I'm part of a team and family, particularly my department. We're a very cohesive group and I always feel like my voice is being heard within the department when I have feedback or when I need extra help. My project manager outside of my department is very attentive to my thoughts and opinions and trusts my judgement and professional marketing perspective.

I do think there are constant improvements being made within the company and its structure as a whole. From when I started to where I am now I feel I am doing more marketing and less administrative tasks and have a less stressful workload. There is always room for improvement and Naylor readily accepts and recognizes that.

Cons

I don't feel like my voice is heard within the company. Our department isn't high on the totem pole and the sales reps voices largely override ours at times when I don't believe they should. I do not believe our role as marketing account specialist is compensated enough for the work that we do.

At times I feel stuck within my role in that as much as I'd like to expand it there aren't many opportunities to do so unless I go to external department projects like committees.

Actively listen to those whose voices you may not think matter much. Just because someone hasn't been here 10+ years and hasn't sold an ad doesn't mean they don't have something to contribute.

reviews filtered by
  1. A fun job in a fast-paced environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Naylor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Naylor is made up of great people all the way from janitorial up to the CEO, it is a fun work environment, is forward-thinking and has good training opportunities. Team-working ability is a must.

Cons

Pay in the marketing department is grossly under value and the department itself is not taken seriously by the rest of the company. Marketing employees are stretched thin and do not have a real voice on the executive level. Also, some work has been outsourced to India and the communication barrier can be frustrating.

Pay your employees what they are really worth and the will stay. This will decrease turnover and increase strong team company-wide.

2. Senior Sales Rep, Gainesville, FL

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have read all these comments on this site about Naylor. Please keep in mind, most are written by employees who are no longer employed here anymore because they got let go for lack of performance or they obviously did not have the skills ( or didn't bother really paying attention in the training class to learn the skills). I have been with Naylor for 16 years, the entire time as a straight-commission sales rep. This is the best job I've ever had, not to mention, the most rewarding. This company provides you with all the tools you need to be successful. Yes, straight commission is hard and challenging but very very rewarding all the same. The slackers who come to this company and expect to make huge or even decent salaries with little to no work effort are just dreaming. Hard work pays off! Naylor offers excellent training, they care about their staff and they do many things throughout the year for the benefit of our employees and to encourage a fun and caring working environment. We are also a very giving company and we have several fund raisers throughout the year supporting local charities.

Cons

The only con is not getting a guaranteed paycheck every two weeks. I had the option at 3 months into my employment to go off the salary and go straight commission, which is what I did. In my 16 years with Naylor, I have never not received a paycheck. Like I said, work hard and you get paid. Slack off and don't take the job seriously, and you'll be out the door faster than you came in!

We have a great management team! Keep up the good work!

There are newer employer reviews for Naylor